Thursday, March 13, 2014

Official Opening of Kristi School

Today we attended the official opening of the Kristi School.  The ceremony was quite long and it was very hot but the children were very patient through the long speeches.  They performed some Nepali dances and sang songs.  The school looked so different from last year and was bright in its blue and white paint with brown trim.  We wish it a good future and that it has many students within its walls.

Afterward the Charter President of Annurpurna Rotary, Dev Raj Chalise, gave me a ride back in his car, saved me going on the motorbike down that Rocky Mountain road, and we had lunch together.  He is the Principal of a science and technology college here in Pokhara so is interesting to talk to about education in general.  

Tomorrow we start visiting children in earnest before the days slip away.  I think I am over jet lag now, this morning I felt really rough but hopefully that has passed.


No comments: