Monday, January 25, 2010

Short on Funds, Looking for New Sponsors

Unfortunately we are short a lot of sponsors this year especially for the private school children. I only have two new private school sponsors and so far I have about ten sponsors who have not paid. Hopefully some will still but if it stays as it is now I will have to take the money out of general funds as I am very reluctant to take children out of the school they are attending as to most this would break their hearts.
I have enough new government school sponsors to cover the ones I have lost. This is a very worrying situation. New sponsors may pay with post dated cheques.
Other than this things are going very well. The Rotary members are excited about their trip to Nepal and they have all agreed to take one 50 pound bag each of clothes, shoes etc. If any local sponsors have good children's and shoes please let me know.
I leave for Nepal on February 26th and as usual will take letters and small gifts.
All children are doing well except for two who are sick.

No comments: