Monday, March 16, 2015

Visiting Children in Simpani

We have been visiting children in Simpani.  I have been sick for the last two days with sore throat etc so Ed has filled in for me and has done a good job.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be back in action.  I think the terrible journey and mayhem at the airport took its toll.  We have unfortunately lost about three children due to them moving, marriage breakup and family problems.  I know this is disappointing to sponsors and for us too but in very poor countries there is often a lack of stability.  People move to where they can find work or sometimes back to mountain villages.  This is beyond our control and there are no guarantees.  We have a high success rate but nothing is one hundred percent.
I am posting some photos of the children: Yomaya and her mother and baby brother, Ed delivering some gifts and a new little boy who we are going to sponsor.


No comments: