Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Successful Marathon

I ran the Skagit Flats Marathon on September 9th and completed it in 4 hours 55 mins.  It was a very windy day and the sky seemed low with black clouds which made the race lonely at times as it was small in numbers.  The wind whipped up a lot of dust clouds to run through but I felt good throughout the race.   I raised over $4,328.20 with the running of this marathon so it made it all very worthwhile.
I would like to thank everyone who supported me and made this possible.  This amount of money goes towards the operating expenses of NEF.
Along with our other two fundraisers, the sale of fall bulbs and the garage sale, we have enough for the administration costs for this year.  This is a big relief to me.  Anything over this will go towards one of our school projects.
With medal and 2nd place in age div award


No comments: