Monday, October 17, 2011

Back Home but Leaving for Nepal shortly

I am back home in Canada after an extended stay in England looking after my sick mother. 

We are now leaving for Nepal on November 1st.  I am willing to take letters and small gifts if they are delivered to me in good time.  Packing is always a huge job.  We will be there for the month of November.

I wish to thank Sandy at Valley Yoga for holding the golf tournament in September which raised $1230.00.
Apparently everyone had a good time and I am sorry to have missed it.  Thank you also to those who provided prizes for the raffle.  We had donated a hockey stick signed by the members of the LA Kings from a Banff game back in 1990.  This proved a very popular item.  Thanks to the donor.

Payments are now due for women's literacy as of this month and also sponsor money for the children by Jan. 15th. 

Sorry not to have updated this blog regularly lately but it has been a difficult time and I had to use library computers in England.  I will be updating very regularly while in Nepal so please check for news.

No comments: