Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Marathon Completed







The Marathon was on Sunday and I have to say that it was a tough run. The last ten to twelve km were a challenge but I crossed the finish line in just under five hours, 4:57:42. Not a great time but I am not complaining. It was a great race with good crowd support and support from friends and family along the route which meant so much. There was a lot energy on the course and lots of comaradie from fellow runners.

The amount raised is roughly $1956.00, I still have a couple of cheques coming in. I thank everyone who sponsored me and made this possible. My daughter says it is easier than a garage sale but then she did not run the full marathon!! The money will be used for administration money in Nepal and for a library for a poor school of low caste children near Pokhara. Photos of that later. Meanwhile here are the marathon photos. Coming up to the finish line, post marathon exhaustion! and at home with my medal.

No comments: