Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Successful SLC Results

We have 9 students who have passed their School Leaving Certificate examination. One who failed one subject but he can retake it in two weeks time. 6 of these are girls. All are wanting to go onto college. This will make 15 students that NEF has in college. The majority being girls. I am very happy with this. It proves that we are making a difference.

I was at a street sale in Chemainus last Saturday and had a very good day. I was selling Nepali Handicrafts and some left over garage sale items. We made $700 less the cost of the goods but that was a profitable day.

There are two Canadian volunteers at High Mount School in Simpani. They emailed me and asked if I knew of a school where they could volunteer for one month. The principal at High Mount has been asking me for volunteers for a long time so he was delighted to be able to have them at his school. Here they can also help with the women's literacy. They are both post graduate students.

No comments: