Monday, November 23, 2009

Back Home







We arrived home a few days ago after a very long journey from Delhi. It has taken quite a few days to be able to do anything as I was also sick. Anyway I am now feeling better.

I had a successful sale of Nepali crafts on Saturday and it was nice to see so many sponsors who dropped by to see me. I am at the Chemainus Fire Hall this Saturday.



I have been hearing from Mann in Nepal almost daily since returning home. He has just successfully renewed the charity with the Social Welfare Council which has to be done every year. It is a lot of work. He has also been to Pokhara and set up the science lab at the school and as you can see by the photos it is looking good and has made a lot of students happy.



I am in the process of sending a lot of letters out. I saw about 60 of the children and all of the women. Our new literacy class is at 30 which is more than I wanted but it is hard to turn the women away. There are many more waiting to start.



We found that India looked much more prosperous than Nepal. It was much cleaner and there were not as many beggars on the streets. Even down in Old Delhi we just did not see the same kind of poverty. I know it is there but it is so much more obvious in Nepal.



A reminder that fees are due now and the deadline is January 15th. $80 for Government school and $300 for private. Women are $60 for six months. Please remember to address the envelope to me and not NEF as we had cheques stolen from the mail last year. The cheque though is made out to NEF.

No comments: