Saturday, December 23, 2006

Sponsors Connecting with Children

This message forwarded from Susan is very gratifying. The word spreads and love pours in. If you are interested in helping out go to http://web.mac.com/grant.reid/iWeb/NESF/Home.html

Dear Susan,

This is Darien, Arthur and Adrienne's daughter. As you know I'm in Nepal at the moment and have been treated to the exceptional Nepali hospitality of Jagat and Kamal. Words cannot describe what I have felt being here with both of them and seeing the work that you do.

I've met with the family that Mum and Dad help, as well as your family and the children at Kamal's. It's truely wonderful to see so much 'Good' happening here. Today Kamal, Jagat and I went shopping and bought supplies and food for the family. It seems like such a small gesture, but I know that any little bit helps.

I have been telling my friends and family about your organization and today I got an email from my friends in London who said that they are transferring 50 GBP into my account to give to you and Kamal. I'm very excited and can't wait to tell him. That's almost 7000 rupees.

Susan, I know that there are more people that would like to help. I would really like to do more, especially after I leave Nepal (which is in less than a week). My situation is: I am heading back to London the beginning of January and then will be going home to Canada for about 3 weeks. Then I am travelling through Africa on my way to Australia. My partner lives in Australia and the plan is to make that home for the next little while. I will be settling there around the end of March. I hope to come back to Nepal later next year, but it will depend on jobs and savings :)

Do you have any suggestions for what I can do from Australia? ie. information nights, presentations, brochures, etc. Whatever you think, I would be most happy to hear.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Happy Christmas.

Yours sincerely,

Darien

No comments: