Friday, January 11, 2008

Anne's Visit to Nepal

As Susan said in her previous blog I had the pleasure of traveling to Nepal last month.
What a beautiful and magical country! It was wonderful to finally meet Kamal in person and to see the Save Blessing Child's Home. I met many of the people Susan works with there and I was struck by how well known she is and how much respect they all have for her. I was also AWESTRUCK when I saw first hand the amount of work that has been accomplished since she started this whole project!
It was wonderful to meet the children at the orphanage. They were all so happy and healthy looking. It is truly a family home and Kamal's extended family who live there are the reason why. Kamal took the time to show us around to several families and schools in both Kathmandu and Pokhara and I felt so reassured afterwards that Kamal is doing an amazing job and this project is having a huge impact on the lives of the children involved. I am so grateful to everyone who has supported this charity - rest assured your money is being very well spent and you are making a real difference!

No comments: