Friday, February 19, 2010

Leaving for Nepal in one week

It is just a week now until I leave for Nepal on the 26th. Thank you to everyone for your payments, for new sponsors and sponsors who have taken on another child, for donations and for all the gifts and letters to your children. It has been great.
The Rotary members travelling to Nepal a few days after me are very, very excited. They are all carrying a bag for NEF of shoes, clothes etc. We really appreciate this. We will be able to take things to the village and have lots of clothes and shoes for all NEF children. We all go up to Chimkhola on the 8th of March with the Pokhara Rotary Club members. There will be over 20 of us visiting the village. The villagers are very excited. I know it will be an unforgetable experience for all concerned.
I will write about it on this blog as soon as I get back down to Pokhara after the trek. I will also strive to keep the blog updated as often as I can while in Nepal. Electric as per usual is in short supply.
So All new sponsors will be matched with their child or woman while I am there but I may not be able to update you with the information until I return at the end of April.

No comments: